Memorial Day Weekend makes you remember what you love the most. Decidedly, it was one of the best Memorial Day Weekends I’ve had in a really darn long time.
From a Friday night date night with Mike to a Saturday at the Depot, and then to a Sunday full of threatening weather, and a pontoon boat ride out to Jimmy Bukkett’s, it was all I could have wanted.
- The Depot – My bar. MY. They know me. I know them. They know what I drink. That’s what a hometown bar should be.
- Family – My cousins and I lay by the pool all weekend long, and complained about the storms, and how we just weren’t getting the tan we wanted.
- Storms – I love the tizzy that my mother (and the rest of my family) goes into when severe weather threatens…
- Boat Rides – …and the way I get on a pontoon boat with Mike and some amazing new friends to go out and drink at Jimmy Bukkett’s–a true oasis on the Sandusky River.
- New Friends – Like I said. New friends. New engagements. New lives beginning (congrats Mike and Malinda!)
- Old Friends – They’re the ones you miss even when you didn’t realize you missed ’em.
Come Monday, I got a pretty wicked burn. I would post pictures, but in order for you to see the extent of said burn, I’d have to show you tan lines, and as much as I love you bloggities, I don’t want to show you those parts of my body.