Women were granted the right to vote. I’m about to lose about half or more of my followers on this, but I do not vote.
Plenty of reasons:
- I hate politics. I know I am affected by them, but I do not want to think about it.
- None of the issues seem to directly affect me. Say you’re going to take my student loans away and I’ll vote for you.
- I think it is utterly boring to read about what all of the politicians have to say.
- They come on during my favorite shows.
- The entire country gets all flustered when it comes time to do this whole voting thing.
- People turn against each other.
- We have to define ourselves to a political party.
- And when it comes down to it, our votes don’t make that much of a difference anyway. Electoral College what?
And the #1 reason I don’t vote is very practical: If I do not care enough to be informed, then I cannot make an informed decision, and if, in a rare instance my vote actually counts for something, I may not make the best choice.
So I’m doing you all a favor. Your welcome.