I’m dying to go on an adventure. To get in the car and drive for hours. To put the windows down and blare the music in the crisp fall air. I’m ready to move it move it move it.
This is my season, when the world is most beautiful and most tolerable. I like the way the sky is bluer and the roads are smoother, the way the sun comes down quickly and how good warm drinks taste.
I found this article about the Top 10 Most Beautiful Drives in the United States. Having clicked through them all repeatedly (yeah, it’s a slideshow, but so worth it!), I am desperately longing to go. I emailed Mike and Jenny and told them that this needed to happen.
It’s always been a dream of mine to drive from Maine to the Southern tip of California, up the coast to Washington, and then to the Southeast corner of Florida–to just make a big ole X in the United States and to hit as many places as possible. But if I could only pick 10 places where I’d want to drive, they would be (in no particular order):
- Montana – I would drive all OVER that state.
- Hawaii – Because really, how long would it take?
- Vermont – In the Fall, of course.
- Kansas – Prairie after prairie after prairie.
- Alaska – Maybe I should have someone else drive me there…
- Colorado – So I could stop and pick up Jenny.
- South Dakota – I know it sounds boring, but damnit I’d love it.
- Nevada – Rocks!
- Virginia – Springtime, all the flowers.
- Tennessee – Rolling green hills. That state gives me the chills. (I honest to God did not meant to rhyme that.)
Someone come pick me up and let’s just drive.