Update: I think something gave…but it wasn’t what I expected.
It’s not like I’m not thankful for everything that I have, but I am so damn tired of having a long-distance relationship.
Let’s figure out how long Mike and I actually were together over the past 3 years…
- January 2009: started hanging out as friends
- March 19, 2009: started dating
- April 12, 2009 (Easter): Mike moved back to Pennsylvania to start his new job
- May 5, 2009: I lived in Ohio with my parents for the summer (3 hours from Mike) and saw him most weekends
- August 15, 2009: Moved back to NC
- September 2009: Saw Mike one weekend
- October 2009: Saw Mike one weekend
- November 2009: Saw Mike one weekend
- December 2009: Saw Mike occasionally over break
- January 2010: Saw Mike one weekend
- February 2010: Saw Mike Valentine’s weekend
- March 2010: Saw Mike one weekend
- April 2010: Didn’t see Mike
- May 2010: Graduated, spent a final week in Carolina with Mike and my family, and moved in with him in Pennsylvania
- May 2010-September 24, 2010: Had 4 months of bliss living with Mike
- September 29, 2010: Started my new job in Ohio
- January 5, 2012: And here we are.
So 1 month at the beginning + 4 months in the middle + one weekend a month for a year + weekends for 1.5 years = about a year. We’ve seen each other about 1 year out of our 3 year relationship. Probably less.
Sigh. I’m sorry I’m complaining. I just really miss him today.
Photos courtesy of joannamontgomery.com and longdistancelover.com respectively.