Well, we’re 9 days away from the due date, and I honestly don’t feel any closer to having the nugget (despite what the doc said).
Without going into gory details, the “any day now” thing is a possibility. Pfff.
Ladies out there who’ve had nuggets – what are the signs that you’re about to go into labor? Aside from the obvious ones like breaking waters and mucus plugs (I just threw up a little).
For now, I’m just going to focus on all the things that I’m going to be able to enjoy once this pup is out of me (feel free to bring any and all of these things to the hospital):
- Wine, IPAs, Gin & Tonics, and all the other wonderful alcohols I’ve been without for 9 months.
- SUSHI. OMG sushi. My favorite sushi place closed down while I was pregnant. It’s probably because I wasn’t able to support them financially.
- FISH. Fish in general. I’ve been avoiding it for the last 9 months. I finally had a pistachio-encrusted white fish for my 1-year anniversary with Mike.
- Lunch meat. Cold, cold lunch meat! How does one miss such a simple pleasure? I think I miss the convenience more than anything.
- Drinking coffee in MASS amounts. This one cup a day crap isn’t working for me.
- DIET PEPSI ALL DAY.
OMG I forgot to tell you that we hit our 1-year Wedding Anniversary! Mike was super wonderful and took me on a date to Sweet Melissa in Rocky River and then to get Mitchell’s ice cream. And he played me a CD that he made for our baby, made up mostly of the concerts we went to while I was pregnant: American Aquarium, Pete Yorn, Punch Brothers, Turnpike Troubadours, etc.). How cute is he? If you said, “suh cyuht,” you are correct.
Other things that I look forward to:
- NOT having to pee 14 times a night.
- NOT having to drink 300 glasses of water a day.
- Being able to get off the couch without rolling or calling for Mike.
- Walking and running and generally being able to MOVE freely.
- Carrying my own heavy shit to my car.
- Being able to zip my jackets.
- No more doctor visits!
- Stomach sleeping.
- Cleaning with strong chemicals. 😀
- Cuddling our baby.
- Taking the first day off of work I’ve had since December 2013.
Alright Nugget, you may come out now.