So for my birthday, my wonderful Mike bought me foundation and a pore refiner that I asked for, and this:
I am excited. I think I’m so excited because this shirt says how I’ve always felt. I’ve never really wanted to be anywhere but Ohio. As I told Chris this morning, even the word Ohio looks like a comfy couch – all wonderful and overstuffed and with a dotted ‘i” pillow.
But Ohio is more than just a word. If you’ll remember back to this post, you’ll see why I didn’t fit in North Carolina. And as much as I loved the beauty of Pennsylvania, all those hills make me incredibly carsick.
No matter where I’ve been, or where I’ll go,
I’d rather be in Ohio.
Why? Why why why?
- Because the people here are normal, level-headed people (for the most part).
- Because in Ohio, there are no hurricanes, we’re only on the edge of Tornado Alley, I’ll never have to worry about a monsoon or a tidal wave, and snow, I can deal with.
- Because flatland is beautiful.
- Because of Cedar Point.
- Because of the Big C’s (Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati), all of which are fantastic cities.
- Because of Rock and Roll.
- Because of the love of football.
- Because of Amish Country.
- Because of Lake Erie.
- Because of the Lake Erie Islands: Put-In-Bay and Kelleys in particular.
- Because of the sprint car races.
- Because of the cornfields.
There’s so much more. So much.