To continue with my Matt-Based Topic Week on the blog, I will address why men are attracted to younger women. And if you’re a man and you say you aren’t, then you are lying.
Let’s just get right into this, shall we?
Men are attracted to younger women because:
1) It’s survival of the fittest. “Darwinism.” Yes, the quotes are intentional, but whatever we choose to call this doesn’t change my opinion. Men go after younger women because younger women radiate fertility. Most men are looking to spread the ole seed, and they’re looking for good places to fertilize–places that will result in carrying on their legacy–or at least their offspring.
2) Because younger women make them feel young again. It’s a nostalgia thing. As men age, they start getting nostalgic. Think about it–ever walk up to a bonfire full of men, and all they’re talking about are the things they did when they were younger? Well, they see a young red-headed 18-year-old at the grocery store and are reminded of that wild night in a hot tub when they were 17. It makes them feel young again. I get it.
3) To up their ego–and to prove that they are still attractive. A man thinks, “Hey, if I can get that young piece of tail to look at me, I’ve still got it going on.” Okay, so maybe that’s not what they think verbatim, but you get what I mean. And if they can get a young woman to walk down a crowded street with them, then they can show off that they’ve still got it to a ton of people. In reality, though, all we’re thinking is, “He must have money.”
4) Teacher Syndrome. Older men think that they’ve got something to show the world. They’ve been around, they’re “wiser.” Ha ha, sorry. Anyway, they think they can take an inexperienced girl and rock her world–show her something that she hasn’t seen before, make her feel like she never has before. Good luck with that, men.
5) Sugar Daddy Complex. Many of the men who have Teacher Syndrome also have Sugar Daddy Complex. Older men generally are more established and can provide younger women with things that younger men can’t–like $500 purses and student loan payments.
6) The booty. Men think that if they date a younger woman, they’re going to get the booty like they haven’t gotten it in years–either from their wives, ex-wives, or women their age. This is probably true. But watch out, boys–you make break a hip.
7) Because they can’t/shouldn’t have it. If we learned anything about my highly controversial, traffic-drawing blog post about longing for someone you can’t have, then we learned that people want what they can’t, and in this case shouldn’t, have. Younger women are the holy grail for men, and regardless of how slim the chances are, they will continually go after them to prove that they can successfully get her attention.
So those are my theories. There may be more. There may be less. You may think it’s bullshit. 🙂
However, if there is an older man out there who would like to purchase me the $500 handbag (oh come on, you knew it was me) or pay my student loans, you can contact me by leaving me a comment below. I will NOT supply you with booty, but I’ll clean your house and do your laundry for a year!